Friday, October 9, 2009

The Weekend Time Stood Still

That's what the next 72 hours will be.

Like an annoying frozen pond of minutes.

I will have a definitive 'yes' (or 'no') from an agent by the end of the weekend. And while this is exciting, it also is a bit stressful. The waiting really isn't fun. But waiting for an answer that I know is coming goes beyond stressful. It borders on lunacy.

So I'm going to rent some DVDs. I'm going to finish reading an AMAZING book called THE MAZE RUNNER (if you like awesome, check it out http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/mazerunner/"HERE). I'll go to the Farmer's Market. I might even go mountain biking. Certainly, I'm going to try and not think about anything involved in this whole writing mess.

Next week comes the grand start of my next book. I've got a decent premise and a good opening couple of pages.

I'm Out.

4 comments:

  1. Holy crud. I wish you the best of answers, fellow writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think about it every ten minutes? How can you not? Whoa! Exciting and nervewracking! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every 30 minutes, actually. I will either be 0_0!!! or -_-

    Like I said to somebody, the agent gave me no information to make me think he'd read my book.


    Really, the waiting sucks my butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing my fingers for some good news for you!
    (and shaking my inbox, my cold, empty inbox, to see if there's some news stuck to the bottom)

    ReplyDelete